The calendar below is hosted on Google, and the formatting cuts off ride decriptions shown on the calendar.
To find out about a ride, click the link for full information.
Official Club Rides
These rides take place every week, all through the year.
- Saturday 8am. Meet at Benicia State Park, West Military St. parking lot. This ride is fast paced; 42 or 56 miles depending on preference of the group. Heads out of Benicia to the north, with a rest stop at Valley Cafe in Rockvile, and then often a loop on Gordon Valley and Wooden Valley roads through the vineyards of southern Napa County. This ride is very popular and for intermediate and advanced riders. Ride Rating: 2-B-56
- Saturday, 9am. Meet at Benicia State Park, West Military St. parking lot. This ride is slow to medium pace depending on the makeup of the group, and a total of about 24 miles. This is Beginner Friendly; we encourage first-time riders with the club to attend first, as it is our shortest and most reasonably paced ride. You won't get dropped or have to fend for yourself if you get a flat. We do the bridge-to-bridge route, leaving the State Park and heading to Martinez over the Benicia Bridge. From there, we go up Franklin Canyon Road, Cummings Skyway, down to Crockett, across the Zampa Bridge, and to Moschetti's Coffee in Vallejo for a great rest stop. Every Saturday they have a free coffee tasting, with about 25 different coffees, pastries, coffee for sale, and even a band playing once in a while. After the ride, this stop is SWEET! Back to the State Park to end the ride. Ride Rating: 3-L-22
- Sunday, 8am. Same meeting place and route as Saturday 9am, but in reverse first going through Vallejo and taking a rest break at the Starbuck's in downtown Martinez. On Sunday mornings this is a real bike hangout, and we've seen 40 bikes on the railing near the shop before. No joke. The Martinez Farmer's Market is also on Sunday, so you can browse that or buy a pastry there if you like. This ride typically is 13mph+ and accomodates most rider levels, though new riders to the club are encouraged to attend the Saturday 9am ride first. Ride Rating: 3-M-22
- Tuesday, 9:30am. Meet at the Starbuck's at 2nd and Military in downtown Benicia. Ride route and pace are the same as the Sunday 8am ride. Ride Rating: 3-M-22
- Wednesday. 6:00pm Meet at Wheels in Motion in downtown Benicia. Ride route and pace are similar to the Saturday 9am ride. Ride Rating: 3-M-22
- Thursday, 9:30am. Meet at the Starbuck's at 2nd and Military in downtown Benicia. Riide route is the same as Saturday 8am ride, rating is: 2-M-40/56
- Do you want to let the Ride Coordinator know about a particular ride? Use the Submit A Ride form.
www.bikecal.com lists all sorts of centuries and organized rides under the Centuries tab in the navigation bar.
Cycle California at www.cyclecalifornia.com lists century rides, but seemingly only for the current month (am I missing something???). So, if you need something to do, but only can plan your life in less than 31 day blocks, this is the resource for you.
Western States Ride Calendar lists rides all throughout, you guessed it, the Western states. What a coincidence.
Tour of California lists all sorts of rides, all throughout California.
Do you get bored of hundred miles rides? Then The Official California Triple Crown Web Site, in which you have to ride three double-centuries in a year, is for you.
Finally, if all this bores you, then you should check out randonneuring, at Randonneurs USA. Self-supported rides up to 1,200 km, though they start at a much more manageable 200km.